CIVZ GAMING COMMUNITY FORUM

Forum dedicated to CIVZ Gaming Community. Predominantly Planetside 2 Gamers

You are not connected. Please login or register

CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Mon May 12, 2014 12:32 pm

ArmedCiv

------ CIVZ Founder ------ Vanu Demi God
Would like to get the outfit officers and dedicated members to help me reach the following goals by end of May

1. Move as many outfit members across to sign up to this forum, and join teamspeak whenever online. This is the top priority for the month.

2. Identify the core Officer group from the members we have now. Some new leaders coming through, lets find out who they are, who has leadership quality? Let's support them coming through. Step up if you are interested let us know. You need mic and thick skin.

3. By end of May our outfit will be made up of active members only. And at predetermined date that only i will know of, i will remove everyone who isn't registered here on the site, and on teamspeak. We are going to ramp up this bitch to be better than ever.

4. Recruiting will be much more personal as we open dedicated squad to pubs, they either fit in and join and reap the benefits of having good team members to play with, or they are dropped back into the large pond of pubs and other outfits.

5. Clean up our image, Healix has done a great job representing us on Reddit, lets see everyone join reddit and get upvoting our fellow outfit members and countering any demeaning things said about our outfit that aren't true. We shall clean up our outfit of the scrubs who have given us a bad name, and we will turn over a new leaf. Start here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Briggs/comments/259jv0/does_anyone_on_vs_think_strategically/

6. Establish some clear boundaries in the outfit. Such as:
-No deliberate damage or team killing of outfit members or Faction members, even if you didn't start it, just leave it alone.
-No cheating, or taking advantage of glitches.
-We do swear quite a bit, just employ some common sense so that it doesn't become serious.
-Any issues to be brought to ArmedCiv and I will mediate it to a resolution, one way or another.
-When you play outside the outfit squad, please don't join other outfit squads, it makes us look bad. Instead work on starting an outfit squad. This is huge for us setting ourselves apart from other outfits. Lets be loyal to each other only. And refrain from running in zergs and along with pubs. Use an alt account without CIVZ tags to fart around.

7. Outfit Improvement strategies - Trainings and idea exchange of how to improve our tactics. I want to see more ideas flow through this forum, so that we can try them and see which are practical and which are simply ineffective. If we put some time, even if it's only ten minutes in a session doing a quick training and learning session, we will no doubt get to know each other better and hopefully pick up one or two things that will help us improve our teamwork and effectiveness as a group.

8. More outfit members actively posting content in our recruitment thread making our outfit attractive to recruits: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/civz-outfit-vanu-faction.181586/

Anyone have any problems with these? Don't worry i won't kick you for speaking your mind.

Last edited by ArmedCiv on Wed May 14, 2014 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Mon May 12, 2014 4:56 pm

TitanXI

CIVZ Trooper
Regarding Teamspeak, will we be using this to communicate with each other ingame or using the squad/platoon say button in PS2 to communicate or just using Teamspeak to chat with each other when we're not ingame?

3 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Tue May 13, 2014 5:15 am

tairacaca

CIVZ Elite
ArmedCiv wrote:Would like to get the outfit officers and dedicated members to help me reach the following goals by end of May

3. By end of May our outfit will be made up of active members only. And at predetermined date that only i will know of, i will remove everyone who isn't registered here on the site, and on teamspeak. We are going to ramp up this bitch to be better than ever.

Anyone have any problems with these? Don't worry i won't kick you for speaking your mind.

In regard of the Team speak, i agree with titan and Aizuro. It's tool for commander not to replace in-game com. Some ppl just want to play, and that is all they will commited for this game. It's will take time for them to actually join the community even if they are good players.

You could make a rule that " You have to join us in TS and you will be promoted, or you will stay as a trail CIVZ forever", and it might encourage them to join us.

Mine Opinion is:

- Team Speak is good for command where you could give direct command, and it's a good place to hangout. It was to replace Ingame com if Ingame com was broken.
- Ingame com is good for leading squad and pubs, and should only use for that purpose.

4 Reddit use on Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 am

xProngs

However much we have a presence on Reddit, everyone who does take note should be very careful in how they handle situations. In short, there are a lot of idiots on reddit who do not like regardless of what you say.

Always present yourself well, the small things count. It sounds dumb but proper grammar and spelling do make a difference when it comes to reddit. Big users such as Sen7ryGun and M0N0 hold a lot of sway over their outfit members. If they don't take kindly to you, our entire outift cops the blame.

We've been called a shitfit, zergfit, etc., etc. Never respond in hate or name-calling. Be reasonable and think of an appropriate response.

Sorry for the wall of text, but here's an example I posted recently.

"CIVZ has <300 players. Many of our players don't play with us in a squad because they can't handle playing small-team fights.
We were only founded in ~February (AFAIK), and we kick people who don't follow orders or don't participate in our squads. I understand that it's hard to gauge an outfit from the other side, but maybe don't jump to conclusions.
ninja-edit: Equinub is in our TS channel very regularly, and we organise nGAB/CIVZ occasionally. Sometimes people want to play the zerg though, so we do.
The game is what you make of it."

I'm not perfect but I've been using reddit for a long time. No matter what, you will get downvoted. Do not get too attached to your posts.

Sorry for coming off so seriously, but I think the right state of mind when it comes to how we present ourselves externally plays a huge role in how we're perceived internally.

5 Teamspeak on Tue May 13, 2014 10:08 am

xProngs

Doublepost yay!

While I agree with both tairacaca and Civ here, IMO Teamspeak should be for those interested in knowing how we plan things, or players who want to be noticed. I don't think it should be compulsory.

A limit to how far someone can rank up (man I wish we could have more than 4 ranks) would be ideal, you'll only ever be a Hardened Civ if you don't join TS, maybe?

6 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Tue May 13, 2014 10:17 am

TitanXI

CIVZ Trooper
Didn't realize that our outfit is hated by part of the PS2 community.

Anyway, I'm still slightly lost about the TeamSpeak thing. I understand that we use it to learn how things are planned, maybe chat outside the game etc but I'm wondering as when I enter ingame, do I use TeamSpeak to chat with the rest of the squad/platoon or use the ingame com to communicate with the squad/platoon?

7 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am

tairacaca

CIVZ Elite
TitanXI wrote:Didn't realize that our outfit is hated by part of the PS2 community.

Anyway, I'm still slightly lost about the TeamSpeak thing. I understand that we use it to learn how things are planned, maybe chat outside the game etc but I'm wondering as when I enter ingame, do I use TeamSpeak to chat with the rest of the squad/platoon or use the ingame com to communicate with the squad/platoon?

Well reddit/briggs hate zergfit, every outfit which grow too quickly they saw it as a form of zergfit. R18 got downvote to the ground, same with TROL back then. The reason is zergfit in briggs often saw players as pub to command. Also rarely, there are a zergfit try to convert pubs to core and dedicated members, and that is why zergfit usually fallout quickly since there aren't a good connection between members. However, the main reason i think is that: ppl hate 1 vs 10 battles zergfit bring to the table.

Ninja edit: TS has chill louge you could say "fuck" there as much as you want, and remain com silent when a commander give out command unless you have something to report.
P/S: that my view, you could ask CIV for more details.

8 Teamspeak on Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 am

xProngs

I think that in-game comms should be used to guide our players, while TS comms should be used to decide how to do that. Whether or not the players are interested in the "organisation" of our tactics is up to them.

TS = Officers + whoever else wants to listen.

In-game = Commanding the squad.

9 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Tue May 13, 2014 1:41 pm

TitanXI

CIVZ Trooper
tairacaca wrote:Well reddit/briggs hate zergfit, every outfit which grow too quickly they saw it as a form of zergfit. R18 got downvote to the ground, same with TROL back then. The reason is zergfit in briggs often saw players as pub to command. Also rarely, there are a zergfit try to convert pubs to core and dedicated members, and that is why zergfit usually fallout quickly since there aren't a good connection between members. However, the main reason i think is that: ppl hate 1 vs 10 battles zergfit bring to the table.

Ninja edit: TS has chill louge you could say "fuck" there as much as you want, and remain com silent when a commander give out command unless you have something to report.
P/S: that my view, you could ask CIV for more details.
Our outfit don't seem like a zergfit to me but that's my opinion and if that's how the community sees us, we'll have to change that.

xProngs wrote:I think that in-game comms should be used to guide our players, while TS comms should be used to decide how to do that. Whether or not the players are interested in the "organisation" of our tactics is up to them.

TS = Officers + whoever else wants to listen.

In-game = Commanding the squad.
I see. Thanks xProngs Smile

10 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Pandapack

------ CIVZ Officer ------ Distinguished Honour
Hello Civz!

Having seen the CIVZ group grow from a handful of members to what it is now is very exciting. Inevitably, I think our outfit will need to undergo change from time to time and this looks like a promising direction.
If I refer to the CIVZ ethos of: Fun, Maturity, Teamwork and Common Sense this is a big step in the maturity and teamwork areas.

Outfit improvement:
One of the ideas I’d like to put out to you is to have a member’s area on this forum. The reason for this is twofold, first because it will allow us to more easily manage our online ‘image’ and also because I think we could all benefit from a ‘tactics corner’. I say this not because I’m under any delusions that we are so skilled that we have secrets to hide. Rather, our presence in game is defined by the actions that our people take and the tactics we employ. Every time we succeed on the battlefield we are developing our brand and what it means to be a part of CIVZ. We don’t want an instruction manual out there for anyone else to then imitate.

I’ll defer to the wisdom of Sun Tzu for why we need to discuss tactics and strategy:
“if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperilled in every single battle.”

One of the areas I would like to develop is our ability to utilise combined arms operations. An example of this is a recent Amerish alert: Healix was leading a squad pushing up from the tech plant in a sunderer whilst I was in my galaxy with a few loyal gunners (thank you, you’re a rare breed). I heard Healix specifically ask ‘Panda, I need air support on my location’. Within five seconds I was on station and my gunners lit up the NC forces with bulldog rounds. Whilst I don’t know what it felt like on the ground, we were getting kills and our sunderer survived the ordeal.

Some final food for thought:
The difference between strategy and tactics (per oxford dictionary):
Strategy: A plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim
Tactics: An action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end

Let me know what you think, particularly about whether can set up a members only tactics and strategy section.
-Pandapack

11 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Tue May 13, 2014 4:30 pm

TitanXI

CIVZ Trooper
I agree with Pandapack's idea on the members only area for tactics and strategy to prevent visitors/guest on this forum from seeing our tactics and strategy.

12 Re: CIVZ EVOLUTION This Month on Wed May 14, 2014 4:08 pm

ArmedCiv

------ CIVZ Founder ------ Vanu Demi God
As stated Teamspeak is a great back up communication system when ingame comms are down. But it has also become our home away from the game where some of us discuss things about the game and outfit.

Most importantly it is where members can get first hand knowledge of what we are doing next. Therefore increasing our response times and making us much more effective. And therefore why i would like it to be used by members.

We will use in game for recruiting and guiding players from outside the outfit. If they like running with our outfit they will have to join us on Teamspeak and Register on these forums. If that's too hard to do, it shows they have no commitment to the outfit and wont fit in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum